Skip to content

Age UK Solihull celebrated our Ruby Anniversary in 2023!

The charity was founded in 1983, initially known as Age Concern Metropolitan Borough of Solihull. It became a company limited by guarantee in 1996, when it also became known as Age Concern Solihull. In 2009, Age Concern England and Help the Aged merged to become a new charity named Age UK, and Age Concern Solihull became a brand partner, and now trades under the name Age UK Solihull.

While we are a brand partner to the national Age UK charity, we are an independent, local charity in our own right with our own registered charity number and our own set of accounts. All the funds raised for Age UK Solihull stay in Solihull to help us to support local older and vulnerable residents of the borough.

Get involved

You are invited to join in with our Ruby Anniversary celebrations!

See below for how you can get involved and help raise funds and awareness to help us to continue to be here for the next 40 years and beyond.

Challenge yourself for 2023!

Challenge 40.pngChallenge yourself and help raise funds by completing a sponsored challenge based around the number 40.

Whether it's running 40 miles, baking 40 cakes or singing 40 songs, you can choose any challenge to suit you. We have plenty of ideas if you need some inspiration!

Find out more

Become a Ruby Donor

Ruby Donor 2.pngDonate £40 a year and help us to continue to be here for another 40 years!

Join us as a Ruby Donor and make a monthly donation of £3.33 (comes to just under £40 a year) to help us support older and vulnerable Solihull residents.

Alternatively, you could donate an annual lump sum of £40.

Become a Ruby Donor

Remember us in your Will

3 generations.pngLeaving a gift to Age UK Solihull is an incredible way to help us to be here for older and vulnerable people in Solihull for the next 40 years and beyond, helping future generations when they reach later life.

You can leave as little as 1% to charity, meaning that those closest to you will receive the remaining 99%.

It's simple to do and will make a huge impact.

Find out more

Tell us your story

We would love to hear from you if you’ve had any experience with Age UK Solihull over the last 40 years. Perhaps you or a family member has benefitted from one of our services, maybe you’ve volunteered for us, or you might have supported us by coming to one of our events, making a donation or fundraising for us. Please email or leave a message on 0121 704 7842 to tell us your story (please leave your details so we can call you back).