Below are some fantastic individuals that have raised money to support older people in Solihull. Keep an eye out as we have more to follow!
We appreciate all the support.
2019 - Great Birmingham Run
The following people ran the Great Birmingham Run on Sunday 13 October 2019.
- Robert Tonks (GoodGym group trainer, photographed right)
- Chris Plester (Goodgym member)
- Nick Salter (Winter Warmth Volunteer)
- Ann-Marie Aston (from the Wilkes Partnership, who have previously supported us in several ways)
- Rory Dunne (family member of Age UK Solihull's Fundraising Officer)
- Joanna Jacob (another family member of our Fundraising Officer) also signed up for the run but unfortunately injured her ankle so was unable to run. However, she ran the Victoria Park half marathon when her ankle had recovered, and her sponsors were happy for us to keep their donations.
2019 - Parachute Jump
- Becky Jacob, Digital Marketing and Fundraising Officer, took one for the Fundraising team and raised £645 (plus Gift Aid) with her jump on Sunday 5 May 2019 (pictured right).
Find out how you can take on a parachute jump.
2019 - Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge
We are Sydney Mitchell's Charity of the Year, and in July 2019, four colleagues from the firm completed the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge, calling themselves the 'Peaky Climbers'. They raised over £1,500, which was split between us and Sydney Mitchell's other chosen charity, The Buddy Bag Foundation.
2018 - Parachute Jump
- Mike and Dan Smith took on a daring tandem parachute jump on Saturday 4 August 2018 in aid of our charity. They helped to raise over £900! An amazing amount that will go back into our local services.
2017 - Great Birmingham Run
Six people ran this half marathon for us on Sunday 15 October 2017.
- David (Age UK Solihull insurance manager) and his wife, Sue Johnson
- Clare Johnson (Age UK Solihull fundraising volunteer photographed right)
- Alison Giblin
- Glenn Andrews
- Tanya Griffiths
- Fiona Kellond
2017 - Parachute Jump
Fiz Aziz, Age UK Solihull staff member - Sunday 3 September 2017
- Fiz managed to raise well over £1,000 for us!
Legal and General Home Finance Team - Saturday 8 July 2017
- Michelle D
- Deborah B
- Harriet M
- Janine W
- Anastasia P
- Tina R
6 members of staff (pictured right) from Legal and General Home Finance team jumped out of a plane in aid of our charity and helped to raise £6,121!
We would like to the thank our brave fundraisers who took on a tandem parachute jump on Saturday 11 March and helping to raise over £4,500.
- Lorraine Hart, Fundraising Manager (pictured right), took on this brave challenge and helped to raise £1,205.
- Bill Farnsworth, Age UK Solihull Volunteer had a great time and said he'd love to do it again! He helped to raise £1,765!
- Sam Mitton helped to raise £510.
- Sally Tomlinson, Age UK Solihull Trustee and her daughter, Naomi, helped to raise £1,535.
2016 - Parachute Jump
Age UK Solihull would like to thank the following fundraisers for taking part in a daring tandem parachute jump from 13,000 feet!
- Vicki Little raised £105 in October 2016.
- Ken Wareham helped to raise £645 in October 2016
- Peter Johnson was our oldest fundraiser to do a parachute jump and raised £150 in October 2016.
- Lucy White raised £355 in October 2016.
- John Alldrick and Ann Alldrick (from Best of Solihull) raised a wonderful £705 in October 2016.
- Liz Webb - raised £1,244.50 for us in June 2016 when she took on a tandem parachute jump at Hinton Airfield in Northamptonshire (pictured right).
If you're feeling inspired after reading about the incredible amounts our supporters have raised for us in the past, click below to find out how you can take on one of our personal challenges while raising funds to help us to continue with our work to improve the lives of older people in Solihull.
You could do a parachute jump or run of your own, or see if there's another challenge that takes your fancy.