Celebrate Older People’s Day 2019 with Age UK West Sussex
Published on 29 September 2019 09:41 PM
To mark Older People’s Day (International Day of Older Persons, 1 October) Age UK West Sussex is holding a range of events and activities for older people in the week commencing 30 September. The aim is to celebrate and to highlight ways older people can make the most of later life.
Helen Rice, Chief Executive of Age UK West Sussex said “We’re aiming to have fantastic time around Older People’s Day, with everything from dancing and dining to bingo and balance classes. Age UK West Sussex not only supports vulnerable older people, but it also aims to help people aged 50+ enjoy later life, stay active and have fun. Why not come along to one of our centres and get involved?”
The following Age UK West Sussex events are taking place around Older People’s Day:
- Free Cream Tea, St Andrews Church, Rustington. 1pm, Thursday 3 October.
- West Sussex County Council are attending the Laburnum Centre on 1 October, Older People’s Day, to find out local people’s views of ageing and to give information and advice on how to live healthy and well. They’ll also have practical ideas for people to try such as gardening with free seed packets and pedometers to encourage people to move more. The centre is also running games and crafts throughout the day, free for over 50s who would like to pop in. The Laburnum Centre, Lyon Street, PO21 1UX
- Lunch, entertainment and games. The Cherry Tree Centre, Burgess Hill, RH15 8QB, Thursday 3 October
- Fundraising Bingo Evening. The Cherry Tree centre at 6.30pm. Friday 4 October
Age UK is working on joint events with BUPA and Anchor Homes, funded by Mid Sussex District Council.
- Free Tea & Cake in the café with Live Music from Cara Barseghian. Free Taster Classes upstairs in the activity room and opportunities to win prizes. Age UK West Sussex, Lamb House, RH16 4XG. 2-4pm. Saturday 5 October
- Tea dance in the garden with refreshments provided. Goldbridge Care Home (BUPA). 2.00 - 4:30pm. Sunday 6 October.
- Balance class and massage. Age UK West Sussex, Lamb House, RH16 4XG. Tuesday 1 October, Saturday 5 October, Sunday 6th October.
To find out more about any of these events, please call Age UK West Sussex on 01903 731 800 or find your local centre details here: