As a Dementia Engagement Volunteer you could help make Brighton & Hove a dementia friendly City.
What is the role?
The DAA encourages and supports organisations to take practical actions to enable people to live well with dementia. The DAA volunteer role will do this by approaching, encouraging and supporting local businesses to become a member of the DAA and work towards becoming dementia friendly.
What you will get out of it
- It's a great way to make a real difference to someone's life
- You'll be giving something to your community
- You get to be part of Age UK Brighton & Hove's volunteer team
- Training from Age UK Brighton & Hove
What is expected of me?
Some examples of what you may do are:
- Assist with the growth of the Brighton and Hove Dementia Action Alliance ( DAA) and support the development of a Dementia Friendly Community
- Approach businesses, organisations and communities and encourage them to sign up to the National Dementia Declaration and become a member of the local DAA
- To deliver talks and attend meetings to promote the DAA within your local community
- Prepare meeting agendas and take minutes
- To network at relevant events, gatherings and groups
- To work in consultation with people with dementia and their carers
- To have the opportunity to train as a Dementia Friends Champion and deliver Dementia Friends information sessions