Age UK uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our policy. To read more about how we use cookies and how you control them. Read our Cookie Policy
Skip to content

Information and advice is one of our key services. We help people make sure they are receiving the correct income and benefits, help with advice about living in their home and make sure people are making full use of the services available to them.


We help people to exercise their rights and entitlements and to maintain their independence and quality of life.

We provide information covering issues such as money, tax, legal topics, health, community care, housing, transport, heating, leisure and education.

We also provide a benefit check service and can arrange for one of our specially trained staff to assist you in claiming your rightful benefits.  This free service can be accessed by calling us on 0191 374 6367 or visiting our Durham City one stop shop during their opening hours.  Our Head Office at Belmont Business Park is not open to members of the public.

We hold outreach sessions around the County where our workers will be on hand to give you the latest information and advice.  By prior arrangement we may be able to offer a home visit by a trained worker who will be able to help.

You can access our information and advice service in a number of ways.

t 0191 374 6367


or drop in to see us at 68 North Road, Durham DH1 4SQ between 9.00am and 12.00noon or 1.00pm to 3.00pm Monday to Friday.


I&A logos

Free booklets and online information

  • Comments and Complaints

    We welcome comments about the service you've received from us.

    If you have any suggestions of ways in which we could improve, or if you wish to record a compliment or make a complaint*, please get in touch in one of the following ways:

    By telephone on 0191 374 6367

    By email to

    In writing to our Information and Advice Manager Age UK County Durham, Age UK House, Belmont Business Park, Durham DH1 1TW

    * If your complaint cannot be resolved informally, you can ask for it to be considered under Age UK County Durham’s formal complaints procedure.

  • Useful Links

    We have compiled a list of useful websites that may be of interest to you.

    Age UK

    Visit the national charity website, 

    Durham County Council

    Visit the Durham County Council website,

    Department of Health                                                                                          

    Visit the Department of Health website,

    National Health Service

    Visit the National Health Service website,

    Energy Saving Trust

    Visit the Energy Saving Trust website,