Did you know you could leave 1% of you will to us, leaving the other 99% to those closest to you.
To leave a gift in your will all you need to be able to do is pass on a few simple charity details to your solicitor.
Name: Age UK Isle of Wight
Address: 147 High Street, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 1TY
Registered Charity Number: 1118711
Age UK Isle of Wight is committed to being there for older people who need us. Every penny we receive, stays on the Island, used solely for the benefit of local residents
If you decide to leave a gift in your will to us, you will be supporting us to make life better for older people on the Isle of Wight.
If you are interested in leaving a gift in your will and want more information, please feel free to call 01983 301343 or email email@example.com our Fundraising Manager Elisha, who would be delighted to hear from you.
How to leave a gift in your will
Having a will and keeping it up-to-date helps ensure that your wishes can be respected and your property and assets benefit people and causes you really care about. We would always recommend that you speak to a qualified professional such as a solicitor, when making or amending your will.
Your solicitor will be able to advise you on the required wording to carry out your wishes. If you wish to leave a gift to Age UK Isle of Wight in your will, all you need is our charity details below:
Age UK Isle of Wight, 147 High Street, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 1TY
and our registered charity number 1118711
If you already have a will
If you already have a will and you want to include a gift to Age UK Isle of Wight in it, there may not be need to rewrite it. You can ask a qualified professional such as a solicitor to add an amendment (called a codicil). As a general rule, if the change you wish to make is quite small or simple, you can use a codicil, and if the change is more significant or complex you should make a new will.
What kind of gift can I leave to Age UK Isle of Wight?
You can leave a specific sum of money or an item such as jewellery or a piece of art. Or you can leave a share in, or all of, what's left of the value of your estate after family and friends have been taken care of. The advantage of leaving a share (also known as residuary gift) is that it remains the same over time, and you won't need to change your will to keep up with inflation.