The award winning Good Neighbour Scheme is a cornerstone of our services. We provide vital assistance, friendship and reliable support for local older people who have no one else to turn to. The scheme is built of volunteers working within every community on the Isle of Wight.
These volunteers provide low-level support, helping with tasks such as:
- Befriending and visiting those who feel lonely or isolated.
- Medication collection & delivery.
- Outings or shopping.
- Transport to medical appointments.
- Walking your dog.
- Help with small tasks in the home.
- Letter writing or help with paperwork.
- Regaining confidence after illness or bereavement.
- Provide information on other services to improve health and wellbeing.
All of our volunteers are vetted and complete a DBS check before starting with the scheme to ensure the safety of our older residents. They are supported by a designated coordinator who will also check in with you every six weeks to ensure you are happy with the support received.
For outings and transport support we request a mileage fee of 45p per mile payable directly (from client) to the volunteer to cover fuel expenses that incur and any associated parking fees.
Get In Touch
If you, or someone you know are in need of support, call 525282 or email us through the pink button