A Living Well Officer, working with Age UK Isle of Wight, will come to your home for an initial visit, to look at your situation, your strengths and explore options to improve your situation.
Working together you will come up with an action plan offering choice and support to meet the challenges you are facing.
They will work through your action plan with you to meet your required outcomes by providing low level, practical advice and activities to increase wellbeing and maintain independence.
The activities will be dependent on the individual needs of the person, which could include but is not limited to:-
- helping to build social networks in the community, this could include visiting social groups and clubs
- organising low level aids and adaptations to help maintain independence at home
- helping with temporary meal preparation or shopping
- support to complete forms or paperwork
- welfare benefit checks to ensure you are receiving all of the financial support to which you are entitled
- encouragement to plan for future, including possible future needs and housing options
- putting you in touch with other organisations and groups as appropriate, and being a link into other services if or when needed.
To find out more or to make a referral to the Living Well Team:
Please call (01983) 525282 and ask for the Living Well Team, email us using the button to the right or fill in the simple form below.