Who is the service for?
Our Practical Help service is open to Kensington & Chelsea residents over the age of 55 who need some help with small tasks around the house.
Which jobs can our Practical Help volunteers help with?
- Fitting spyholes and door chains on your front door (people who live in sheltered accommodation will need to ask for permission from the housing provider before fitting a door chain)
- Hanging mirrors and pictures
- Fixing hinges in cabinets or cupboards
- Fitting curtain rails on the wall
- Taking down your curtains and putting them back again after they have been washed
- Putting up shelves
- Assembling flat pack furniture
- Moving light pieces of furniture
- Simple draught proofing of doors and windows
- Minor packing/unpacking
- Replacing lightbulbs and fuses
Please note our volunteers cannot carry out any tasks for which you would need a professional electrician, plumber, decorator, carpenter or locksmith.
If you would like help from our Practical Help service, or for more information, call Guy Simpson on 07508329194 or email email@example.com.
This service is free of charge, however donations are always welcome. If you would like to find out more about ways to donate, please click here.