Who is the service for?
Our Practical Help service is open to Kensington & Chelsea residents over the age of 55 who need some help with small tasks around the house.
Which jobs can our Practical Help volunteers help with?
- Fitting spyholes and door chains on your front door (people who live in sheltered accommodation will need to ask for permission from the housing provider before fitting a door chain)
- Hanging mirrors and pictures
- Fixing hinges in cabinets or cupboards
- Fitting curtain rails on the wall
- Taking down your curtains and putting them back again after they have been washed
- Putting up shelves
- Assembling flat pack furniture
- Moving light pieces of furniture
- Simple draught proofing of doors and windows
- Minor packing/unpacking
- Replacing lightbulbs and fuses
Please note our volunteers cannot carry out any tasks for which you would need a professional electrician, plumber, decorator, carpenter or locksmith.
If you would like help from our Practical Help service, or for more information, contact Tasio Cabello on 020 8969 9105 or email email@example.com.
This service is free of charge, however donations are always welcome. If you would like to find out more about ways to donate, please click here.