- Location: Age UK Milton Keynes
- Price: £20.00
At the first ever visit we charge £30.00 and the visit will last 60 to 90 minutes. This enables us to carry out a risk assessment of access to your garden and your gardening equipment. The gardener will talk to you about your garden and find out your requirements. If there is time we will do some light gardening work.
Age UK Milton Keynes
Peartree Centre 1, Chadds Lane
We aim to provide general maintenance, doing the work in the garden that suits you.
Additional Fee details
• We charge £20.00 per hour with a minimum charge of one hour .
• In certain circumstances we have to charge VAT which means the cost will be £24.00 per hour.
• Most people pay in cash or by cheque at the time of the visit.
• The number of hours gardening you can have depends on the size of your garden and how often you would like the service. Some people have just an hour a month, others choose to pay for a weekly service.
• You will need to supply the gardening equipment
• Our gardener will need access to an electrical socket
• You will need to have a Milton Keynes council Green wheelie bin to enable disposal of any garden waste
• All our gardeners are DBS checked. They are issued with personal ID cards which they carry with them at all times. Please ask to see their proof of identification, they will be happy to show it to you.
• You will be asked to complete several forms which will enable us to provide a quality service.
• If you are ever unsure about a member of our staff calling to visit you please ring 01908 550700 to check.
Please be considerate by clearing all pet mess from your garden before your Gardener's visit. They are not permitted to clear pet mess.
For the safety of all parties we ask you to keep your pets under control and away from the area where the Gardener is working. This is particularly important when they are operating machinery.
Green bins, equipment, pesticides and lawn feeds
Our Gardeners use their own transport so will not be able to take away garden waste. They can use the green bin or paper sacks provided by Milton Keynes Council or they can use part of your garden as a compost area.
All our equipment is regularly PAT (portable appliance testing) tested.
We can apply any product that will enhance your garden e.g. lawn feed, pesticides and composts, but we prefer not to use pesticides. If we use proprietary products they must be in their original container.
Worried about the garden of a relative?
If you don't live near enough or are unable to help an older relative, or relatives, look after their garden, why not arrange for Age UK Milton Keynes to do it on your behalf. We have found a practical solution for many people who do not live in Milton Keynes but who wish to support an older parent, for example.
Our Gardeners can visit on a regular basis, as arranged by you to suit the needs of the older person, and payment can be made by card or direct debit. Please ring us to discuss your requirements.
If we are not currently able to take care of your garden you may find it helpful to contact a gardener on our Trusted Traders Scheme.