The Bromley Well Handyperson service supports older people with mild frailty and other vulnerable adult residents of Bromley who are living in the community or being discharged from hospital, who require practical support to enable them to maintain their independence.
The service provides practical support and assistance to enable people to keep their home environment safe and accessible and reduce the need to rely on statutory services.
What type of Services can be Carried out?
- Works undertaken include:
- re-arranging rooms and furniture for easier and safer access
- minor joinery repairs such as fixing loose or wobbly kitchen cabinet doors and drawers*
- minor plumbing maintenance tasks such as replacing tap cartridges*
- securing floor coverings and falls prevention advice
- fitting curtain rails*
- construction of flat-packed furniture and fitting shelves
- fitting of equipment to assist with mobility
- supply and fitting of key safes and door security chains
- provision of grab rails and stair rails*
- minor electrical works, such as replacing bulbs and light fittings*
- Other minor works can be carried out on request to enhance independent living
*may be subject to an initial assessment
Access to the Free Service
Access to the Free service is only available via:
- hospital staff from Wards, the Clinical Decision Unit, the Discharge Lounge, the Emergency Department or Urgent Care at Princess Royal University Hospital
- hospital staff at the Frailty Unit at Orpington Hospital
- the Transfer of Care Bureau
- Bromley Local Authority Staff, including GPs and Social Care Practitioners
Access to the Paid-For Service
If you don't qualify under the Free service above, the Handyperson service is still available under a pay-as-you-go service at an hourly rate.
The Handyperson service is available to residents living in Bromley at an hourly rate of £40 per hour (plus cost of materials used).
For more information
Telephone: 07985 434 262 Monday to Friday 9:00 - 17:00, excluding Public Holidays