What does it involve
The Dementia Wellbeing service aims to improve the quality of life of older people living with dementia and memory loss. It does this by providing practical and emotional support, including the Keep in Touch scheme. The scheme involves staff from local business who agree to send monthly postcards/greeting cards to an older person they are matched with. They areway of remaining connected to the community and other people and remind people they are not on their own.
The Keep in Touch assistant will help the project coordinator with the matches and other admin duties as they arise.
What will you get out of it:
- You'll be making a difference to the lives of older people
- You'll gain knowledge and insight into issues that impact on older people’s lives
- You'll have an opportunity to build confidence and skills in engaging with a variety of
- people, updating databases and being in an office environment.
What is expected of me:
- To be available for a few hours during a weekday to help administer the project.
- To be willing to engage with people both on the phone and by email and letter.
To find out more click on the role outline below or email email@example.com