What does the Role involve?
You will be matched with an isolated older person who is looking for company and conversation. Visiting an older person on a regular, weekly basis you will provide social interaction that they may not get elsewhere. You will spend time with them, hearing about their lives and bring a little of your life into theirs.
What will you get out of it?
- Make a difference to an older person's life
- Enjoy spending time with an older person
- Learn about the life of an older person
- Companionship and conversation
What is expected?
- Make a weekly visit at a regular time each week - daytime, early evening, weekends
- Help us keep older people safe by following our procedures and policies
We ask all volunteers to complete our recruitment procedures and training to our and your satisfaction before taking up their volunteer role.
To find out more click on the role outline below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Nieghbour Scheme Befriending Volunteer doc