Who we are
Age UK County Durham is the principal voluntary organisation working for older people, their families and carers throughout County Durham.
Our mission statement
To promote the well-being of all older people and to make later life a fulfilling and enjoyable experience.
We aim to address the causes of difficulties faced by older people and to provide help and support where needed. An important part of our work is campaigning to change policies and attitudes, which adversely affect older people.
Age UK County Durham has two offices in the county to ensure that our services are delivered for local people.
Services currently include:
- Information and advice
- Support to local Age Concern groups and other older people's groups
- Assisting with the setting up of lunch clubs and activity groups
- Health promotion, Ageing Well and lifelong learning initiatives
- Community safety days
- Keep Warm Keep Well campaign and energy days
- Volunteering programme to include pro-active recruitment including talks to pre retirement groups, church groups etc, support, training and maintenance of volunteer support network
- User and carer consultation programme – seeking the views of older people
- Representing Age UK County Durham and older people's needs at strategic planning forums
- Taking part in designated Age UK national campaigns
Our head office based at Belmont Business Park is not open to members of the public.
Our other office is in Durham City, and is open for information and advice and access to our products and services.