This winter hundreds of older people in Norwich will struggle to stay warm and well, and this year we are also living with Coronavirus, which we know can have more of an impact the older we are.
Our Winter Well campaign is designed to help older people and their families prepare for the winter months and offer support to those who may be worried or struggling.
Every winter 25,000 older people in England and Wales don’t survive the cold weather, and this year, months of shielding or reduced contact has taken its toll. As we head into winter, our vital services are needed now more than ever to help you, or someone you know, stay well throughout the colder months. We can help with:
- Financial support and advice for winter bills or heating repairs
- Tips and information on how to make your home winter-ready
- Give blankets, hot water bottles, and warm clothing
- Activity Instructors who provide home visits and/or online classes
- Outdoor walking groups
- Friendship through Telephone Befriending
- Help with getting online and digitally connected
- Help with sourcing shopping delivery services
Winter Well Sessions
Start the new year by joining us for our free Winter Well Sessions taking place throughout January 2022. Each week we’ll have experts on hand to give you advice, information and support on affording warmth, being active and healthy in the home and staying connected online with friends and family safely.
Our top 10 tips for staying winter well
There are some things that you can be doing now to help get yourself ready for the colder months. Check out our guide with our top ten tips of how you, or someone you know, can keep warm and well this winter.