Porter Valley In Touch Volunteer Opportunity
Could you be a part of a transformative new service in South-West Sheffield?
Our Porter Valley In Touch service pairs up a volunteer with an older person who has been identified by health services as being isolated or lonely and who might have mild mobility or health issues. With the support of volunteers like you, they can regain their confidence and independence.
You will be paired with someone who may share similar hobbies and interests, or someone you may be able to support to learn, or re-learn new skills - simple domestic tasks, accessing Zoom or Skype to keep in touch with family, friends and online services, or gaining confidence in leaving the house and travelling. When shared, these skills (that you may have not even realised you have!) can have a huge positive impact on someone else’s life.
Key things you need to know:
- You would only need to commit to a few hours per week
- Full training will be provided beforehand
- No previous experience is necessary
- Add highly sought after skills to your C.V. & job application forms
- You’ll be supported throughout the whole process & receive a training & resource pack plus emergency contact details
- Volunteer expenses are covered so there are no hidden costs
- Help reduce pressure on local NHS services
- You will receive a certificate from Age UK Sheffield upon completion of training & volunteering
- You will need to complete a DBS (criminal record) check
Read about a real Age UK Sheffield volunteering experience
To get an idea of how rewarding our In Touch service can be, please read the feedback from Harold, and Steve, the volunteer who visits him each week. Click here to read their feedback.