Cadbury is joining forces with Age UK to fight loneliness
Published on 13 September 2019 01:57 PM
We're proud that Age UK is working with Cadbury to help draw attention to the 225,000 older people who often go a whole week without speaking to anyone.
Loneliness is a crisis in the UK. Being lonely affects your health, your wellbeing and the way you see yourself. It can make you feel invisible and forgotten.
Age UK and Cadbury have joined forces to do something about it. And we need your help.
Cadbury has donated the words from their Cadbury Dairy Milk bars –for every bar sold, 30p will go directly to Age UK to help provide vital services, support and friendship when older people need it most.
We’re asking you to think about how you could donate your words to make a difference to older people near you.
Age UK Surrey tackles loneliness through the following services and activities:
- Befriending in Guildford, Waverley, Runnymede and Spelthorne.
- Cafe Culture (a weekly get together for refreshments and a chat in a public venue) in Cranleigh, Farnham and Staines.
- Lunch Club in Haslemere.
- Tea & Chat in Lingfield, Oxted and Caterham.
- Men in Sheds, Ash.
- GO50 Walking - throughout Surrey.
- Help at Home - a paid for service for light housework and gardening, and also offers companionship.