Home Support Service
- Location: Age UK Wakefield District
- Price: Costs may vary
Prices range dependent on length and nature of visit, please contact us on 01977 552114 for a friendly conversation about you needs.
Age UK Wakefield District
7 Bank Street
Age UK Wakefield District have Professional Care Assistants and Home Support Assistants providing flexible, Domiciliary care and Domestic support for older people
What does Home Support Cover?
Across the Wakefield District, we provide a service supporting individuals to remain in their own homes and live as independently as possible…
Age UK Wakefield provide personalised packages of care accommodating a range of needs including:
• Living with life limiting conditions, coping with physical disabilities or learning difficulties, mental health problems and those living with a terminal diagnosis
• Intermittent respite offers providing a break for those who care for others
• Short term support in times of crisis.
• Support tailored to individual needs, combining Personal Care and Domestic Support (details below)
What we can do...
You can select from our suggestions below and we are happy to discuss your individual requirements to make the perfect package of support for you.
• Contact you at an agreed time and date that suits you.
• Dressing & undressing
• Bathing or showering
• Oral hygiene
• Hair washing and care
• Nail care (filing only)
• Support with eating and drinking
• Assisting with toileting needs
• Medication Support
• Sitting service
• Accessing the community
• Cleaning, vacuuming
• Laundry: Washing, drying and ironing
• Washing up
• Preparing and cooking food
• Making and changing beds
• Checking domestic appliances and heating
• Support with finances and pensions
• Booking appointments
• Assisting with social contact e.g. phone calls, emails and internet use
• Developing new social contacts
We are unable to offer:
• Heavy domestic work
• Support requiring the use of manual handling
What you can expect from us:
• Professional high standards of care delivered by competent qualified staff
• Regular staff supervision, guidance and training of staff
• Compliance with national standards of care under our registration with the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
• Externally inspected and monitored services
• Thorough assessment and recording processes
• Everyone will be treated as an individual and have a bespoke care plan
• Consistent standards of care delivered by named individuals
• All support, no matter how intimate or invasive is delivered with the upmost attention to your privacy, dignity and respect