Hospital Transport Support Service
- Location: Age UK Wakefield District
- Price: Free
Age UK Wakefield District
7 Bank Street
Telephone: 01977 552114
Age UK Wakefield District provides supported transport for patients aged 50 and over who have been discharged from Pinderfields, Pontefract Hospital and Dewsbury.
You may be eligible for our Hospital Transport Support Service
Once you have been discharged from hospital, so long as you are medically fit and do not have easy access to other transport options we will...
• Provide transport home for you on your discharge from A&E and hospital wards
• Provide a trained Age UK Wakefield District Support Worker to take you home
• Escort you in to your own home
• Ensure you are safe, secure and comfortable
• Provide support for unexpected emergency issues, such as: faulty locks, heating not working, etc.
• Offer to make a hot drink, or simple meal, to help you settle in at home
• Ensure further support is offered (if required)
This service is fully funded and is FREE to discharge patients
You will need to request a referral from the Hospital Nursing Staff who will check your eligibility.
The Hospital Transport Support Service is a CQC registered service operating seven days a week, with a dedicated 0800 number for incoming referrals.