- Location: Age UK Wakefield District
- Price: Free
Please note, this service is not available outside Age UK Wakefield District - Head Office's catchment area.
Age UK Wakefield District
7 Bank Street
Telephone: 01977 552114
Our Wraparound Service supports people who may be or feeling low, anxious, experiencing loss and grief or emotionally vulnerable and withdrawn.
Wraparound is not a crisis service. If you require immediate support, please contact 111 or the South West Yorkshire 24 hour mental health helpline on 08001830558.
The Wraparound team is made up of Age UK Wakefield District staff with expertise in managing mental health and wellbeing in older people. This team offer time to listen to the needs of older people by providing the space to express their feelings and concerns.
After an initial short telephone assessment, by specialist staff, you will be allocated a member of the Wraparound team who will arrange to offer you 6-8 confidential support sessions. This will start with a friendly listening ear and encouragement to explore possible solutions to any issues of concern. The aim of the service is to help to increase resilience, with ideas for coping and self-managing emotional health.
Signposting to specialist organisations and/or mental health services could be offered, and support can also be given to make referrals into additional Age UK or community services.
The Wraparound Team will:
• Provide 6 sessions of wellbeing support, either by telephone, at your home or at another community location.
• Contact you at an agreed time and date that suits you.
• Make any adjustments necessary to help you access the sessions e.g.. Adaptations for cognitive difficulties or support for hearing difficulties.
• Signpost and refer to mental health services, support for loss and bereavement or any other community services that will help improve your quality of life.
• Refer to expert members of staff where there is an unresolved issue or a mental health concern, for a follow up phone consultation.
The service specifically aims to help older people who:
• Are aged over 50 and would like some emotional wellbeing support.
• May be struggling with low level mental health needs eg. anxiety, low mood, loss or major life changes.
• Are not currently accessing higher level services eg. Community Mental Health Teams
• Would benefit from a short-term intervention of 6 sessions.
• Are able to engage with the support worker to identify and work toward goals.
How do I access the wraparound service?
If you would like to enquire about support for yourself or a family members/friend from our Wraparound service you can call our Single Point of Contact reception on 01977 552114. From here calls are triaged by our expert teams to ensure all needs are understood.
Our Wraparound Service is available 5 days a week - Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 5.00pm
If you are a professional referring into Wraparound we ask that you complete the following form and return to our team for triage. Please refer to the form for details regarding eligibility and exclusion criteria.