If you are over 60 and living in Somerset or North Somerset we need you to join our new ‘Somerset Older Opinions Matter’ (SOOM) survey group!
Age UK Somerset exists to make life better for older people in Somerset and North Somerset. We have set up SOOM, Somerset Older Opinions Matter, to help us learn what the issues of greatest importance are for local older people and what needs to be done or offered to make later life better.
We want to make sure local older people's voices are heard.
Those that agree to take part are asked to complete small anonymous surveys once a month. The answers given will not only help to shape the services that our charity offers in the future but we hope to empower local older people further by using their collective responses to speak up on their behalf to other local organisations and service providers to make later life better across Somerset and North Somerset. The results of the surveys will be published on this page.
Of course SOOM will work the best when we have a large number of people taking part so please join the survey panel! Your opinion is valuable to us!
How to take part in SOOM Surveys
- We will publish each month's surveys, and the previous month's results on this page - see below
- We will post links to the surveys from our Facebook and Twitter accounts. If you use social media, search for us using the handle @AgeUKSomerset and follow us to see our posts.
Join our SOOM survey panel to be reminded everytime we add a new survey
There are 3 ways to do this:
- or you can register to join our SOOM Facebook group and be alerted when we have added a new survey. Click here for the SOOM Facebook Group
- you can sign up to join our SOOM email list. Then you'll receive an email each month including a link to the survey. Click here to join the email mailing list
- you can contact us to join our phone list by calling 01823 345627. Then you will receive a call each month with the survey question
The more people we can get to take part, the more useful the results will be and this could result in a real change for the better!
Please note: We take Data Protection seriously. To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations and for your peace of mind, please be reassured that we will only take and hold the contact information we need from you for the purpose of contacting you about participating in the surveys which are anonymous.
Our latest survey
Please complete the short survey shown here using the bar on the side to scroll down.
The surveys are only open to people aged 60 and over and living in Somerset or North Somerset because you are the people that our charity works with.
Check back soon!