Take care in the cold!
The weather forecast is not good over the next few days so please DO remember –
- If you are elderly, try and keep warm by ensuring you keep an eye on your thermometer and keep your living room temperature at 21 degrees c and your bedroom at 18 degrees c
- If you are elderly, use a hot water bottle to keep warm, even during the day
- If you are elderly, have a hot drik regularly throughout the day
- If you have elderly neighbours, pop in to see if they are ok and offer to get any shopping they might need
- If you have elderly neighbours, could you offer to take round a hot meal for them?
Cold weather is a prime cause of preventable deaths among the elderly. Let’s all be a good neighbour and do what we can to help during this cold snap.
Click here for more cold weather advice