Age UK Somerset offers a free and confidential information and advice service for older people, their families and carers.
Age UK Somerset provides information and advice on a wide range of issues. We’ll provide you with the facts and you can make choices and decisions knowing you have reliable information.
What we can help you with:
- Money matters
- Housing rights
- Health and social care
- Leisure and social activities
- Family and personal matters
- Your rights to local services
- And most other things that affect your quality of life.
If we can’t help, we can put you in touch with people that can.
What we can offer you:
- We will give you information that is accurate and up-to-date
- We can explain the choices you have.
- We will help you decide what to do, but it is your choice.
- We may be able to take action on your behalf, if you want us to.
- If we can’t help, we will point you in the right direction.
How we work:
- We will not charge you for our service
- We will not tell anyone about your business without your permission unless it is required to protect your safety and wellbeing.
- You can talk to us in private.
- We will not make judgements about your life and what you want to do.
- We will tackle any discrimination or prejudice that you face
- We will not be influenced by any other interests but yours.
How to access the Information and Advice service
To offer a better service we are now open from 10am to 3pm, Monday to Thursday.
To speak with one of our advisers:
- Call in to our office Ash House, Cook Way, Taunton, Somerset, TA2 6BJ
(you may wish to call to check availability before travelling)
- Phone us on 01823 345613 (answer-machine outside our office hours).
- or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you may wish to call the Age UK national information line on (free phone) 0800 055 6112
Help with Benefits?
Do you need help with finding out which benefits you may be entitled to? Have you received a claim form that you'd like help to fill in?