Stay Strong, Stay Steady sessions are special classes which help to reduce falls and improve balance, strength and confidence.
These sessions can help you to:
- Rebuild your muscle strength
- Improve your balance
- Reduce your risk of falls
- Stay confident
- Maintain your independence
- Have fun and enjoy life!
The sessions are led by qualified instructors, take place at venues across the whole of Somerset and are a joint venture with Age UK Somerset and Somerset County Council.
These classes are open to everyone wherever you live. You will need to complete a short health questionnaire before starting your class.
Locations of our Stay Strong, Stay Steady sessions
Bridgwater - St Georges Parish Centre, Wembdon
Burnham on Sea - Community Centre, Chichester Close
Chard - The Guildhall
Frome - Christ Church Parish Hall
Martock - Bearley House
Minehead - Hospital
South Petherton - Pitway Community Room, Yarlington
Taunton - 2 locations
Wellington - Lodge Close, Wellington, TD Housing
Wells - The Town Hall
Williton - Danesborough View, Magna Housing
Wincanton - The Memorial Hall
Yeovil – 2 venues.
How to join a Stay Strong, Stay Steady session
Before you can join a session we ask you to please complete this short health questionnaire/referral form. If you would prefer us to send you a paper copy please call the Ageing Well team on 01823 345626 or email email@example.com
Health Walks in Somerset
Here are some group walking sessions that take place in Somerset (not organised by Age UK Somerset).
Tuesday 26th March:
- Keepers Combe (meet at Quantock Lodge Car Park ST188375) - 11:00am
Wednesday 27th March:
- Marine Cove Gardens (meet inside the Gardens on Burnham-on-Sea seafront) - 10:00am
- Wembdon Village - (meet at Wembdon Church) - 10:30am
- Somerset Bridge Medical Centre - (meet inside) - 12:30pm
Friday 29th March:
- Westfield Buggy Walk - (meet at Westfield Church Cafe) - 9:30am
Saturday 30th March:
- Bridgwater & Surroundings - (meet at the White Feather Coffee Co.) - 11:00am
Health Walks in Mendip
Health Walks in West Somerset
Some exercises to help prevent falls.