- To support Care Navigators and Social Prescribing Link Workers by assisting them with transactional aspects of social prescribing referrals.
- To engage with local residents and service users in GP surgeries and assist them to access services and support identified by the Care Navigators and Social Prescribing Link Workers.
- To work with social prescribing staff in health service locations and access a range of locally based non-clinical support services and activities for residents.
- To provide information and signposting to community activities and services.
- Assist residents to fill in forms for appropriate non-clinical support services. E.g. housing forms, cost of living support, taxi card applications
- To chaperone/escort, when necessary, to attend appointments such as hospitals, dentist, optician and to community activities.
- To use local databases to access support for residents e.g. Good Gym, Wish Plus etc.
- To promote general health, wellbeing and community services.
- To support people to access online provision. E.g. shopping, NHS website, etc.
- To help the service to make and maintain connections to people referred to other services within Care Navigation and Social Prescribing Service.
- To make a commitment to follow the correct contact and referral policies and procedures in place for the Care navigation and Social Prescribing Service.
- To keep records of sessions with residents, and submit all data required to evidence contact and referrals made to the appointed staff member.
- To attend training and support sessions to update skills and knowledge around general health and wellbeing, community services and on-line resources of potential benefit to local residents and service users.
- To liaise with members of the local community and service users to collect and record their views about locally provided health and wellbeing services
- To attend regular support, information and supervision sessions.
- To share insights and information with other Community Links Volunteers through regular update sessions.
- To maintain appropriate patient confidentiality and follow the agreed policies and procedures of the service.
- To attend relevant training to fulfil the requirements of the role.
- To keep records for purposes of monitoring and evaluation
- To treat confidentially any information that is personal, private or sensitive about individual, voluntary and community groups and/for users, staff etc following GDPR policies at VAC.
- To always comply with VAC’s Diversity Policy, Financial Policy & Procedures and support in Health and Safety Policy and implementation.
- To work within an Equal Opportunities framework and the organisations policies and procedures
- To undertake other duties as required to fulfil the requirements of the role