- Are the EXPERTS on later life in Lancashire
- Ensure older people and their carer’s are fully INFORMED of their rights and entitlements
- Support those with long term conditions to remain as INDEPENDENT as possible
- CONNECT older people to their communities to combat isolation and loneliness
- LOYAL TO LANCASHIRE – we raise funds locally to support older people in Lancashire
In 2018-19 we supported 31,179 local older people and their carers to stay…
…INFORMED: we helped older people claim £3,443,137 in unclaimed benefits; we provided information and advice to 2,155 older people
…INDEPENDENT: provided 56,741 hours of Home Help; 7,453 people supported to remain at home following a hospital visit; supported 63 people aged 50+ back into employment, education and training; supported 725 older people with long term conditions to live independently through our ICP in East Lancs; provided foot and nailcare for 438 older residents of West Lancs and Chorley
…CONNECTED: supported 834 veterans to connect to their local community; provided 1,928 sessions of Day Time Support to 441 older people living with long term conditions; supported 402 older people with a dementia diagnosis through our Dementia Community Links project; connected 42 older people to befriending volunteers in Fylde borough; delivered 31 different social prescribing activities and classes to 9,843 people at our Chorley Lifestyle and Ormskirk Wellbeing centres and served 9,141 hot meals.
Our customers have reported an increase in wellbeing of 16.9% and increase in happiness of 14% and an increase of life satisfaction of 13% and a decrease in loneliness of 17.1% from our first intervention.