A little help at home to put your loved ones' minds at ease
Do you or someone you know need a little extra help at home? Someone to get the shopping, take you to appointments, or collect your pension? The little things that aren't so easy any more.
What services do we provide?
We'll put together a package to support your individual needs. Examples of what we can do include:
• Everyday cleaning and domestic tasks
• Taking you shopping or doing it for you
• Helping you to get out and about
• Looking after your pets, feeding them or taking them for a walk
• Light gardening or DIY
• Reading to you or writing letters for you
• Enjoying a cup of tea and a chat
• Supporting you to manage your money and pay your bills
Why choose Age UK Sheffield?
• We aim to provide you with the same support worker, or team of support workers, every time. We know the importance of a familiar face.
• All our staff are DBS checked, trained, and treat older people according to Age UK values. You can trust our staff to be in your home.
• 100% of our customers said they were either “Very satisfied” or “Satisfied” with our service (November 2016 survey)
• 92% said they would be “Very likely” or “Likely” to recommend our service to friends.
• We do not make any profit on providing this service. We aim only to cover our costs. If any surplus is made, it will go to our charitable work with older people in Sheffield.
What is the right package for you?
“Mary” is 86 and lives alone at home; her family can only visit at weekends due to work commitments. Mary likes a sandwich at lunch time but is fond of a hot meal at teatime which we prepare for her, every day from Monday to Friday.
“David” is 72, he has Alzheimer’s and lives with his wife Rita. They have two grown up children who have busy lives. We visit once a fortnight. David listens to the radio at home with his worker whilst Rita has a couple of hours to herself to meet up with friends, attend hairdressing appointments and get some respite from supporting David.
“Bill” is 77, lives alone and is bedbound. Bill has no family. A male worker visits to keep him company and have a chat twice a week. Bill enjoys the male company as the only other people he ever sees are his female carers. Bill also uses our service to shop for him and buy non-food items
“Aggie” is 89 is living alone and has dementia. Her family live away.
Aggie relies on our regular face to take her in their car to our Wellbeing Centre and bring her home again each week. We also support Aggie is supported to collect her pension and make sure her money is put away safely.
Click here to download our information leaflet or call us on 0114 250 2850 for more information. Our rates are £21 per hour.