Age UK Solihull uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to Age UK Solihull's policy. To read more about how the charity uses cookies and how you can control them Read Age UK Solihull's Privacy Policy
Skip to content
Pledging to raise money from a sponsored skydive is just one way you can get involved in the day

Giving Tuesday is on 30 November 2021. You can support Age UK Solihull by giving money, time, something you make or something you no longer need.

How can I get involved? 

  • Donate 

We rely on voluntary income including donations and gifts in Wills for 25% of our income.

We understand that these are uncertain times for everyone, but if you are able to donate, any amount can make a huge difference, enabling us to provide advice, support and companionship for thousands of local people.

Donate now

  • Become an Age Angel

Make your donation have an even longer impact, by becoming an Age Angel and joining our regular giving scheme. You can donate any amount either monthly, quarterly or annually.

Find out more

  • Volunteer

If you can spare some time, volunteering is an incredibly rewarding way to help us help older people.We are currently recruiting for Telephone Befrienders, who are paired with a lonely older person to call for a chat once or twice a week. This may be the only phone call the older person receives all week, so you would be making a real difference. Apply now to be paired with an older person in time for Christmas!

Apply now

  • Take the leap!

After a disappointing year, you might feel like you really want to live life to the full in 2021. And what better way to do so than to take part in a tandem skydive? We have ten spaces available for a jump at Hinton Airfield, Northamptonshire, on Sunday 21 March 2021. Book by 11 December 2020 to secure your place!

Book your place now

  • Get sponsored

If you fancy a challenge, but don't think a skydive is the one for you, why not raise some money by doing a sponsored run, walk cycle, or mountain climb!? If you are not the athletic or daredevil type, what about a sponsored silence or day of isolation to get a glimpse of the loneliness faced by many older people? Here are some more ideas for fundraising activities which can be done while observing social distancing.

  • Remember us in your Will

You can help us continue to be there for future generations of Solihull by adding us into your Will. You can leave a gift of as little as 1% meaning those closest to you receive the remaining 99%. It's so easy to do - simply give our name Age UK Solihull (remember to specify the Solihull part so it comes to your local Age UK rather than national) and registered charity number 1055887 to your solicitor or the person drafting your Will.

Read more about gifts in Wills

  • Have a clear out

Make some room before Christmas and donate the things you no longer need to one of our charity shops (when they reopen) or raise donations for us by selling them on Ziffit or eBay.

  •  Organise an online event

Host a virtual quiz night, dinner party, movie night or or games tournament with friends, family and colleagues.

More information

  • Get talking

If you like what we do, spread the word! Write a blog post, share on social media or even just tell someone about us.

  • Give your birthday

If you've got a birthday or other special occasion coming up, you could ask your friends and family to make a donation in your honour. They can donate here or you can create a Facebook birthday fundraiser.

Don't forget to let us know what you are planning to give. If you share on social media, use the hashtags #GivingTuesday and #GiveBack2020 . Please also tag us so we can see. We will be sure to shout about your generosity! 

For more information visit the Giving Tuesday website.

Can't give on Tuesday?

We know there are those of you who would love to do something on the day to support your favourite charity but for whatever reason can’t.

The #GivingTuesdayPledge will give you an opportunity to commit to doing something at a future date but still get involved in this buzz of this incredible generosity movement.

With a #GivingTuesdayPledge, you can commit to doing something new, improve on what you already do, or continue with your current generosity activities.

We would be truly grateful for any way you should choose to support us.

Related Links