We’re very excited to announce that our programme of over 55s outdoor walks will be back on 29 March - all with social distancing - in various parks across Barnet!
‘Walking in green spaces gives a real boost to your physical and mental wellbeing,’ says Wendy Nutman, who is running Age UK Barnet’s walking programme. ‘Even a gentle walk improves your strength in later life, especially for those living with a health condition. And you can make new friends!’
- Improve your social life
- Enhance your mood and increase your confidence
- Maintain good balance and coordination
- Keep your joints flexible, reducing the risk of falls
- Support management of health conditions
You probably don’t need any more reasons to come along to one of our walks!!
So why not try out one of the four walks we have launched so far. All fitness levels welcome.
Group numbers are limited and in line with current government guidelines so booking is essential!
Walks free, but donations welcome!
Walking groups in Barnet
1) Friary Park, North Finchley – 9.30am-10.30am Mondays, followed by optional tea in the café afterwards.
Meet at 9.30am at the Torrington Park entrance nearest to Ashurst Road.
2)Northway Gardens & Lyttleton Playing Fields - 10.30-11.30am Mondays
Meet at the corner of Northway & Litchfield Way NW11 (by benches at H2 bus stop)
3) Dollis Valley Greenwalk - 10.30am-11.30am Tuesdays
Meet at 10.30am by the mapboard at the entrance to Brook Farm Open Space, Totteridge Lane (located downhill from the entrance to Totteridge and Whetstone underground station)
4) Stephens House and Gardens – 10.30-11.30am Fridays (lasts 40-60 mins) followed by optional refreshments in local café afterwards
10.30am Meet at Finchley Central Tube station by the ticket entrance, Regents Park Road, London N3 2RY. The group then makes its way to Stephens House grounds. Or 10.45am meet at Stephens House Cafe, 17 East End Road, Finchley N3 3QE
5) Oakhill Park – 2pm-3pm Fridays, followed by optional refreshments in local café afterwards
Meet at Oak Hill Park car park (Parkside Gardens, East Barnet, EN4 8JP)
6) Golders Hill Park – 10.30am-11.30am Saturdays, followed by optional tea in the café afterwards.
Meet at Golders Hill Park Cafe, Golders Hill, North End Way NW3 7HD