Our purpose is to improve the lives of older people in the London Borough of Barnet.
Our vision of Age UK Barnet is one in which:
- We are seen as the foremost voluntary organisation championing older peoples’ interests in the London Borough of Barnet.
- Older people from all cultures and backgrounds in the London Borough of Barnet identify us as being relevant to their lives.
- We always seek to work cooperatively and in partnership with any other organisations which have similar aims.
- We have a reputation for being forward thinking and innovative.
- We work with older people and carers as partners in what we do.
- Our organisation is well run and on a firm financial footing.
Age UK Barnet aims to:
- Involve older people and their carers fully in the planning and delivery of services.
- Be creative and fast footed in responding to needs and opportunities.
- Work in a committed way with partner organisations.
- Promote equality by treating staff, colleagues, volunteers, and stakeholders with respect.
- To reach older people from all cultures and backgrounds.
Our strategic aims and objectives
- To provide, commission or support others to deliver a range of quality services and initiatives that address those issues which are important to older people in the London Borough of Barnet
- To reduce isolation and promote an independent lifestyle for older people in the London Borough of Barnet.
- To promote a positive view of the contribution that older people make to society
- To help older people in the London Borough of Barnet to remain living in their own homes for as long as they wish to do so
- To campaign to improve services locally
- To ensure that Age UK Barnet is financially strong and well run