Household Support Fund
- Location: Age UK Barnet
- Price: Free
Grants for older people in Barnet struggling to cope as living costs rise
Are you struggling to make ends meet? Rising utility bills and food prices getting too much?
Age UK Barnet is here to help!
We are distributing the new Household Support Fund, which is there to support older people currently facing financial challenges.
If you are:
* Facing financial hardship
* Of pensionable age
* Living in Barnet
...you might be entitled to grants towards utility bills, food costs and also wider essentials.
Who is eligible for a grant?
* Living in the borough of Barnet
* Of pensionable age (consideration will be given to people those over 55 who are living with a long-term health condition and/or facing financial hardship)
* Living in privately owned, privately rented, or social housing, but not in residential care.
* On a low income and with savings of less than £16,000, for which we will need evidence.
Note: we cannot consider applications from:
* Anyone living outside the UK
* Anyone living in residential and/or permanent care
* Those individuals who have no recourse to public funds (whatever the circumstances leading to this position)
* Anyone in prison
* Anyone in the UK unlawfully
What eligibility evidence will we require?
Acceptable evidence of low income includes:
* Pension Credit Guaranteed
* ESA Employment Support Allowance
* Jobs seekers
* Housing Benefit
* Council Tax support
* Universal Credit
If you are in receipt of the Higher Rate Attendance Allowance, Disability Living Allowance and Enhanced Personal Independence Payment and you have less than £16,000 you will also be eligible to apply for assistance.
Get in touch!
If you or someone you know is finding it hard to manage financially because of the current cost of living crisis or the ongoing impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, please get in touch. All conversations completely confidential.
Contact our Household Support team on 020 8203 5040 or email us on email@example.com
On receipt of the information, a decision will be made within 2-4 weeks. All applicants will be informed of the result of the charity's decision usually within 28 working days of that decision.
Please spread the word! This fund is there to make life easier during these unprecedented times!
Application guidance notes
What we can and cannot fund