Day Centre Volunteers
Our Day Centres can be a lifeline to older people. They are invaluable, fun places where older people leave their troubles at the door and enjoy each other’s company over a hot meal.
Some people come for the social aspect and activities, some come for a break from caring responsibilities at home, while others are dealing with relationship breakdowns or bereavement.
Many Age NI daycentres are recruiting for volunteers right now.
As a volunteer in an Age NI Day Centre you will:
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with users within the Day Centre
- Accompany clients on the bus to /from the day centre
- Provide assistance with domestic tasks including serving meals and dish washing
- Work with individuals to maintain their levels of mobility and independence
- Be involved with the planning and implementation of activities in the Day Centre.
- Provide assistance on Day trips
- Verbally report any concerns about users to the Daycentre Manager
What skills or qualities do I need to have?
- Good Communication skills and a team player
- A liking for and empathy with older people
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Reliability and trustworthiness
- An interest in developing activities for older people
What is in it for me?
- Social interaction and a chance to develop friendships.
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses
How to get involved
We have opportunities in the following areas: East Belfast, Dunmurry, Ballyclare, Ballynahinch, Castlewellan, Dungannon, Kilkeel, Newry, Lisburn & Portaferry.
To volunteer, fill out the volunteer form, telephone 028 9024 5729 or email email@example.com