Share your story
Age NI often receives calls from journalists who want to hear from older people about anything and everything.
We would like to build a team of media-willing older people who would be happy to speak with journalists. If you have a passion about a particular issue and feel confident and happy to speak to the media about it, then we would like your help.
You could talk to us about issues as wide ranging as:
- Looking after grandchildren
- Loneliness and isolation
- Interesting / unusual hobbies
- Experience of age discrimination
- Caring for a family member
- Unusual groups and organisations that you’re part of
- How dementia affects people’s lives
Why your help matters
Age NI wants to make sure that older people have a loud and valued voice in the local media. With your help, we can raise awareness of important, interesting and challenging issues that matter to older people throughout NI! It’s a great opportunity for you to
develop your skills, speak your mind and support the charity in a way that suits you.
Here’s what we'll do:
- We’ll call you to have a chat about what’s involved
- If you’re happy to take part, we will add your contact details to our database
- We’ll keep a record of the matters you would be happy to speak about and when you’re available to speak about them
- We will only contact you if the journalist’s request matches your area of interest
- We will only ever ask you to speak from your own experiences
- We will never pass your details on to any journalist without your prior consent
- We will contact you every 3 months to make sure that you are happy to continue acting as a media spokesperson
You can remove yourself from our database at any time by contacting us If this sounds right up your street, please fill in your details, send this flyer back to us by freepost and we’ll be in touch!
Tell us about you!
Email your information to email@example.com
Or write to:
Age NI, 3 Lower Crescent, Belfast, BT7 1NR
We'll be in touch once we’ve heard from you to talk about your availability and to answer any further questions you might have.
We look forward to hearing from you!