First Connect Volunteer
Age NI's First Connect service offers dedicated emotional and practical support at difficult times in an individual’s life; situations which are often triggered by feeling the loss of independence or sudden unexpected changes in important relationships.
Overall purpose of the role
Volunteers will provide support to older people to help them access new opportunities and services that they consider best enhances and sustains their wellbeing and independence.
No previous knowledge or experience is required to access this role as tailored training is provided.
Outline of Activities
- Reducing-isolation and loneliness
- Exploring/supporting–signposting to community supports
- Building Confidence–to help improve wellbeing
- Can build trusting and supportive relationships with older people.
- Can communicate well and be a good listener.
- Has common sense, is independent but also knows when to seek support.
- Can be sensitive with others and show empathy.
- Good organisational skills
The role is very flexible and can be tailored to suit you. Age NI is seeking volunteers who can provide a minimum of 2 hour visit per fortnight with a service user.
What you can expect from volunteering at Age NI
- Provide a thorough induction, on-going training and support
- Hold regular one-to-one support / feedback sessions with you
- Cover out of pocket expenses
Benefits to you
- Learn new skills
- Feel good about making a positive life changing difference
- Gain knowledge on available services and activities and how to access them locally
- Increase your employability
- Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
- South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust
- Northern Health and Social Care Trust
- Southern Health and Social Care Trust
This role will require a free Enhanced Access NI Disclosure
To volunteer, fill out the volunteer form, telephone 028 9024 5729 or email email@example.com