Pop along to one of our groups, all taking place at 105 Greyhound Road, W6 8NJ.
For more information call Peter on: 020 7386 2657
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
ACTIVITY CENTRE CLOSURE
Due to the coronavirus outbreak and following the government recommendation that everyone should stop non-essential contact with others and travel. This is particularly important for people over 70, those with underlying health conditions and pregnant women. Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham has decided to close the activity centre whilst the government recommendations remain in place.
We will still be running the following services as outlined below:
- Information and Advice - Appointments will take place over the telephone instead of at our centre. To book, call: 020 7386 9085
- Shopping Service - Our shopping service is still running and can be booked by calling 020 7386 9085
- In Touch Befriending - Our befriending service will be carried out over the phone rather than home visits. For enquiries about this service please email: email@example.com or call our main number on 020 7386 9085
- Digital Inclusion Project - Our Digital Champions are available to provide 1-2-1 digital support over the phone. To book, call: 020 7386 9085 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further updates call us on 020 7386 9085.
Meet new people or old friends at one of our social groups. From bingo, chess, board games and music appreciation there's lots to try. New faces are always welcome.
Tuesday 2pm - 3.30pm
Choose 2 songs to listen to and discuss with the group. Range from classical, opera, pop and rock n roll. Share your enthusiasm with like minded people. Free
Shared Reading Group - The Reader
Wednesday 11.30 - 1pm
Shared Reading groups bring people together through great literature to talk, laugh and share. Stop in and enjoy listening to a story or poem – no pressure to talk or read.
Starting Wednesday 23rd October 12pm-1pm with professional pianist running every fortnight - £2.50
- 23rd Oct / 6th Nov / 20th Nov / 4th Dec 2019
U3A - Creative Writing Group
This new group runs once a month on Wednesdays and is free to attend. If you'd like to try out creative writing why not come along to this friendly supportive group 2pm-4pm.
Contact Peter for 2020 dates on 020 7386 2657
Afternoon Tea Club
Wednesday 2pm - 3.30pm
Weekly talks - £1 for tea and cake
Wednesday 1pm - 2.30pm.
Primarily a chess club but also room for board games including Scrabble, chequers etc. Amiable, good standard of players but tuition offered and beginners are welcome. Free.
Friday 2pm - 3.30pm.
A lively group of about 25 people with an electronic machine, caller and lots of fun. £3 for 6 books. 'Flyer' £1 and a full house of up to £20. New members welcome.