Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham offers lots of services for older people and their carers.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
OUR ACTIVITY CENTRE IS CLOSED
Sadly our centre and charity shop have had to close due to national lockdown restrictions. Please sign up for further announcements of our reopening.
Until we are able to open again we will be offering online activities and the below services:
- Isolated Buddy Service - Personal Grocery Service, Telephone Befriending and Prescription Assistance
This service helps older members of society unable to leave their homes and without support of friends, family and neighbours. They are for people who are housebound and in desparate need only. Those enrolled on the scheme are matched to a local ‘Isolation Buddy Volunteer’ who offer the following essential services for the duration of the coronavirus period:
- 1 x Grocery Shop per week up to the value of £20 cash, which they give the volunteer along with their personalised list.
- 2 x Weekly Befriending Telephone calls.
- Assistance setting up electronic prescriptions - delivered to the door
- Befriending we continue to provide companionship through regular phone calls and, where possible, walks and outdoor meetings. We are currently at capacity but if you would like some support in the future, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information and Advice - 30 minute telephone appointments are available to book, subject to availability, covering the following areas of advice: Welfare Benefits, Employment, Housing, Consumer, Debt and Basic Immigration queries. To book, call: 020 7386 9085
- Shopping Service - We have increased our escorted minibus shopping service from two days a week to five days. The last day of the shopping service will be the 23rd December and will then resume on the 6th of January. To book, email email@example.com or call: 07538 327 734
- Digital Inclusion Project - Our Digital Champions are available to provide 1-2-1 digital support over the phone. These sessions are 30-minutes long. We can also provide video link session over zoom upon request. To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 020 7386 9085.
- If you or someone you know requires help, please complete this short online Client Form (requesting help) We hope to help as many people as our resources allow. If your situation is urgent, please contact us directly on reception and we will do what we can to help. N.B. All Isolation Buddy Volunteers are referenced and DBS checked to safeguard service users.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this period and ask that you do everything to remain safe and healthy. We encourage everyone to always follow the advice from Public Health England as we continue to do so too: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Through our Staying Connected Digital Project we can help you learn digital skills and get online. We offer flexible sessions based on what you would like to learn, at a pace that suits you.
Practical Help and Gardening
We have a team of volunteers who may be able to help with small practical tasks such as accompanying you to health appointments or help with small gardening jobs
Activities and events
Visit our activities and events page for details about:
- Talks and special events
- Social and interest groups
- Visually impaired social club
- Dementia activities
- Arts and crafts
- Health and fitness classes
- Computer and technology classes
- Community cafe