Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
CHARITY SHOP AND ACTIVITY CENTRE CLOSURE
Due to the coronavirus outbreak and following the government instruction that everyone should stop non-essential contact with others and travel. Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham has decided to close our activity centre and charity shop whilst the government instruction remains in place.
Visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update page for details on:
- What services we are running during the coronavirus outbreak
- How to access help
- Volunteering during coronavirus
- Information about coronavirus
- The Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham Newsletter
- Donating to Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham
We have a team of volunteers who may be able to help with small practical tasks such as:
- escorting people to their GP or hospital appointment
- accompanying an older person to the local library, shops or cafe.
- small gardening jobs
- other practical tasks such as changing a lightbulb or showing you how to use your mobile phone or computer
Practical Help and Befriending Case Study
"I called Age UK to ask if there was a volunteer who might be able to accompany me on a hospital appointment. I am mobile, however find getting my way around a hospital and making sure I have the right paperwork confusing. It was at very short notice and luckily somebody was available. I have had a follow up appointment and the same volunteer came with me, she also called me to remind me to follow up on matters relating to the appointment. Her help was so useful.
Through my contact with Age UK I have learned more about the befriending scheme and have been matched with a lovely young new Mum and her delightful baby son. It’s a nice walk from her home to mine and she has said she enjoys getting out and having somewhere to go and chat where the baby is welcome. My grandchildren have grown up and live out of London, so its lovely making a new friend and having a little one around.
My befriender has also taken me out for a coffee in her car, somewhere I would never have been able to get to on public transport. This change of scenery was enjoyed by all of us!"