Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
ACTIVITY CENTRE CLOSURE
Due to the coronavirus outbreak and following the government instruction that everyone should stop non-essential contact with others and travel. Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham has decided to close our activity centre whilst the government instruction remains in place.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time and ask that you do everything to remain safe and healthy. We encourage everyone to always follow the advice from Public Health England as we continue to do so too: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham Service Update
We are still running a number of services and full details can be found in our Service Update. They include:
- Information and Advice - 30 minute telephone appointments are available to book covering the following areas of advice: Welfare Benefits, Employment, Housing, Consumer, Debt and Basic Immigration queries. To book, call: 020 7386 9085
- Shopping Service - We have increased our shopping service from two days a week to five days. To book, email email@example.com or call: 07538 327 734
- Digital Inclusion Project - Our Digital Champions are available to provide 1-2-1 digital support over the phone. To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 020 7386 9085.
- Meal Delivery Service - Our meal delivery service is offered 5 days a week. Food is freshly cooked and arrives chilled with reheating instructions and allergen information. You can order 1 meal per week or 5 for the entire week which will be delivered each day. Orders must be placed 36 hours in advance and by 3pm each day. To book call 020 7386 9085 or email email@example.com
- Isolated Buddy Service - Personal Grocery Service, Telephone Befriending and Prescription Assistance
This new service helps older members of society unable to leave their homes and without support of friends, family and neighbours. Those enrolled on the scheme are matched to a local ‘Isolation Buddy Volunteer’ who offer the following essential services for the duration of the coronavirus period:
- 1 x Grocery Shop per week up to the value of £20 cash, which they give the volunteer along with their personalised list.
- 2 x Weekly Befriending Telephone calls.
- Assistance setting up electronic prescriptions - delivered to the door
- The service is currently only available to those with the ability to pay for their shopping in cash. If you, or someone you know require help, please complete this short online Client Form (requesting help) We hope to help as many people as our resources allow. If the your situation is urgent, please contact us directly on reception and we will do what we can to help. N.B. All Isolation Buddy Volunteers are reference and DBS checked to safeguard service users.
For further updates call us on 020 7386 9085.
How can I access help?
If you or someone you know is in need of support then complete our Client Form (requesting help). Let us know how we can support older residents of the Borough experiencing Isolation as a result of the coronavirus. The purpose for the form is to log the demand and how we can help people with new services in response to coronavirus.
What activities can I do from home?
There's lots of activities available online for people to access from home including:
- Podcasts - Listen to radio broadcasts of your favourite shows, dramas or documentaries at a convenient time: https://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts
- Audiobooks - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p034wrq4
- Musicals - Every Friday at 7pm, a full-length hit musical on YouTube channel "The Shows Must Go On”, courtesy of Lord Lloyd-Webber. Available to watch for 24 hours. https://www.youtube.com/theshowsmustgoon
- National Theatre Live- Every Thursday at 7pm, and then available for seven days. For more information visit: https://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/nt-at-home
- Museum and Art Gallery Virtual Tours – Here’s just two examples:
- National Gallery London https://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/visiting/virtual-tours/google-virtual-tour
- Natural History Museum https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/natural-history-museum
- Age UK Information on being active as you get older: https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/health-wellbeing/exercise/
- NHS information on physical activity for older adults: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/physical-activity-guidelines-older-adults/
- NHS guides and videos on low impact exercises: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/easy-low-impact-exercises/
- BBC Radio 5 Live physical activity for older people:
Where can I find out about volunteering during coronavirus?
Where can I access more information about coronavirus?
There are a number of websites with resources, information and news updates on coronavirus including:
- Age UK information on coronavirus, including updates on how you can look after yourself and loved ones, comments from Age UK, and ways you can support older people: https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/coronavirus/
- UK Government information on coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to do: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- UK Government guidance on shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19
- UK Government: Get coronavirus support as a clinically extremely vulnerable person. If you have a medical condition which makes you extremely vulnerable to coronavirus (COVID-19), register and say whether or not you need support. https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable
- UK Government coronavirus information in other languages: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance
- NHS coronavirus information: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- BBC News coronavirus page: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/coronavirus
Need help getting online? If you aren’t sure how to access these websites from your mobile, tablet or laptop then get in touch with our team to book a telephone call with our Digital Champions who can provide 1-2-1 digital support over the phone. To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 020 7386 9085
Where can I read the Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham Newsletter?
We are releasing regular newsletters with updates about our services during the coronavirus outbreak. You can read the latest newsletters here: