Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
OUR ACTIVITY CENTRE IS NOW OPEN
We are happy to announce that the centre has now resumed many services. Under government guidelines, please be aware that everyone will be asked to wear either a facemask or visor when inside the centre unless you are participating in exercise or eating. Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the centre. You may also be asked to wait outside following social distancing guidelines should the reception area be busy. Please do not attend the centre if you are feeling unwell. Some services may be slower to resume than others so please check individual pages for updates.
Visit our Reopening After Lockdown page for details on what to expect when you arrive at the centre.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this period and ask that you do everything to remain safe and healthy. We encourage everyone to always follow the advice from Public Health England as we continue to do so too: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham Service Update
We are still running a number of services and full details can be found in our Service Update. They include:
- Information and Advice - 30 minute telephone appointments and in person appointments are available to book covering the following areas of advice: Welfare Benefits, Employment, Housing, Consumer, Debt and Basic Immigration queries. To book, call: 020 7386 9085
- Shopping Service - We have increased our shopping service from two days a week to five days. To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 07538 327 734
- Digital Inclusion Project - Our Digital Champions are available to provide 1-2-1 digital support over the phone and will soon be returning to the centre. To book, email email@example.com or call: 020 7386 9085.
- If you, or someone you know require help, please complete this short online Client Form (requesting help) We hope to help as many people as our resources allow. If your situation is urgent, please contact us directly on reception and we will do what we can to help.
For further updates call us on 020 7386 9085.
How can I access help?
If you or someone you know is in need of support then complete our Client Form (requesting help). Let us know how we can support older residents of the Borough experiencing Isolation as a result of the coronavirus. The purpose for the form is to log the demand and how we can help people with new services in response to coronavirus.
What can I do from home while I wait for my class to return to the centre?
There are lots of activities available online for people to access from home including:
- Try one of our online classes - We have online classes every day of the week. Visit our online activities page for more info.
- Podcasts - Listen to radio broadcasts of your favourite shows, dramas or documentaries at a convenient time: https://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts
- Audiobooks - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p034wrq4
- Musicals - Every Friday at 7pm, a full-length hit musical on YouTube channel "The Shows Must Go On”, courtesy of Lord Lloyd-Webber. Available to watch for 24 hours. https://www.youtube.com/theshowsmustgoon
- National Theatre Live- Every Thursday at 7pm, and then available for seven days. For more information visit: https://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/nt-at-home
- Museum and Art Gallery Virtual Tours – Here are just two examples:
- National Gallery London https://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/visiting/virtual-tours/google-virtual-tour
- Natural History Museum https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/natural-history-museum
- Age UK Information on being active as you get older: https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/health-wellbeing/exercise/
- NHS information on physical activity for older adults: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/physical-activity-guidelines-older-adults/
- NHS guides and videos on low impact exercises: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/easy-low-impact-exercises/
- BBC Radio 5 Live physical activity for older people:
Where can I find out about volunteering during coronavirus?
Where can I access more information about coronavirus?
There are a number of websites with resources, information and news updates on coronavirus including:
- Age UK information on coronavirus, including updates on how you can look after yourself and loved ones, comments from Age UK, and ways you can support older people: https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/coronavirus/
- UK Government information on coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to do: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- UK Government guidance on shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19
- UK Government: Get coronavirus support as a clinically extremely vulnerable person. If you have a medical condition which makes you extremely vulnerable to coronavirus (COVID-19), register and say whether or not you need support. https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable
- UK Government coronavirus information in other languages: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance
- NHS coronavirus information: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- BBC News coronavirus page: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/coronavirus
Need help getting online? If you aren’t sure how to access these websites from your mobile, tablet or laptop then get in touch with our team to book a telephone call with our Digital Champions who can provide 1-2-1 digital support over the phone. To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 020 7386 9085
Where can I read the Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham Newsletter?
We are releasing regular newsletters with updates about our services during the coronavirus outbreak. You can read the latest newsletters here: