Age UK Sheffield Young Onset Dementia Service
Published on 07 December 2020 01:44 PM
New Young Onset Dementia Service
We are very excited to announce that we have a brand new service. It has been created for people 65 or under & living with, or affected by young onset dementia or memory problems.
The Young Onset Hub (YOH) is a new service delivered by Age UK Sheffield and funded by Sheffield City Council. The service aims to connect & support people after receiving a diagnosis. The Hub is being shaped and informed by people living with, or affected by young onset dementia (the experts!) Because it aims to provide support that will be as helpful as possible and make a real difference to people following diagnosis.
YOH currently offers:
- Monthly peer-support groups
- Join us on the second Tuesday of each month 3-4pm, for our online get together (via Zoom).
- Peer-led course
- A new peer-led 6-week course starting in January 2021 designed by and for people with young onset dementia.
- Information packs & online platform
- We are creating packs and an online platform to bring you relevant information and support. We can give you details on our information and advice service.
How can I get in contact?
Please email email@example.com
Or, call 0114 250 2850.
The team will contact you to introduce themselves, tell you about what YOH can offer and see if we can support you in any other way. Anyone is welcome to contact us & we look forward to hearing from you.
Join our Monthly Peer Support Group:
The first monthly peer support group is on Tuesday December 8th. It takes place via Zoom between 3-4pm on the second Tuesday of every month.
The details to join are:
Click this link to join the Zoom meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85312996624?pwd=Rk5GeEdLSEwzamt1ekFnK0JzdnhJZz09