About Age UK Barnet
Age UK Barnet is a voluntary organisation existing to serve and promote the interests of all older citizens of the London Borough of Barnet, from all walks of life and ethnic communities.
Age UK Barnet, formerly Age Concern Barnet was formed in 1999 to bring together Age Concern charities in East Finchley, Hendon and Friern Barnet. For over 40 years all three provided services in the Borough of Barnet.
The Charity provides many activities, services and information about issues of interest to older people through its centres and in the community.
Activities and services include:
- Information and advice on matters such as tax and benefits
- Fitness and exercise classes
- Befriending service
- Handyperson scheme
- Computer training and assisted computer access
- Lunch clubs, social groups and other activities such as cookery classes
Age UK Barnet is an independent charity, affiliated to the national Age UK charity and registered with the Charities Commission. It is responsible for raising its own funds and is governed by a Board of Trustees, who are responsible for the effective running and direction of Age UK Barnet.
Our strategic aims and objectives:
- To provide, commission or support others to deliver a range of quality services and initiatives that address those issues which are important to older people in the London Borough of Barnet
- To reduce isolation and promote an independent lifestyle for older people in the London Borough of Barnet.
- To promote a positive view of the contribution that older people make to society
- To help older people in the London Borough of Barnet to remain living in their own homes for as long as they wish to do so
- To campaign to improve services locally
- To ensure that Age UK Barnet is financially strong and well run
View Age UK Barnet information on the Charities Commission website
Our Services information leaflet