6 Ways to look after you this winter
Published on 02 February 2024 01:13 PM
6 Ways to some Winter Warmth...Winter can be a tough time. Miserable weather, dark nights, post-Christmas blues, feeling the pinch…it’s no wonder lots of us struggle.
But as we get older, those long winter months can feel much harder. Cold temperatures can seriously affect our health. Difficulty getting out and about can leave us feeling lonely and cut off. Soaring energy bills and the ongoing cost of living crisis can make surviving on a limited income almost impossible.
That’s why it’s so important we look after each other – so we can beat this winter together.
- Get your free flu jab and COVID-19 autumn booster if you’re 65+ or a carer. Check which other vaccines you may be eligible for, such as shingles.
- If you’re worried about your health, get it checked out. Speak to a health care professional, call 111, or go to a local pharmacy.
- Talk to someone if you’re feeling out of sorts or lonely. Your mental health matters.
- Wrap up and keep your home warm enough. As we get older, changes to our bodies may mean the cold affects our health more than it used to.
- Get support if you’re struggling with your finances. Visit our website or call our helpline if you need energy advice or you’re struggling to pay your bills.
- Keep moving and eat enough this winter. It’s important to stay hydrated too.
For further help and advice check out the following links and you can email email@example.com or ring us at Age Cymru Dyfed on 03333 447874 for further advice.