Proposed Start Date: ASAP
Minimum number of hours per week: Volunteer should commit from 10am to 4pm (6 hours) – entitled to free lunch.
Time and Day Required: Thursdays and possibly Friday temporarily to provide cover.
Minimum length of commitment we hope for: 6 hours
Report to: Administrator
- To direct visitors to the right department/office location.
- Answer phone calls and record activities on Charity Log (our internal database).
- Read and respond to emails.
- Book appointments.
- Make clients and visitors welcome and answer their questions as much as you can or direct to a staff member to deal with.
- Willingness to multitask and ability to cope when you are under pressure.
Key Task Descriptions:
- Answering the phone and directing calls to staff, checking emails (reception).
- Keep the reception area clean and organised.
- Greeting and welcoming clients and visitors and asking them to sign the visitor’s book.
- Directing visitors to the right office or staff member.
- Booking appointments (Advice and information, Digital Inclusion, therapies, activities)
- Recording attendance of activities on Charity Log.
- Reporting any security or suspicious activity to staff members.
- Maintain a positive attitude and professional appearance.
- On occasion, collecting lunch monies on the day.
- Answering calls politely and promptly
- Friendly, presentable, helpful,
- Organised, good memory, attentive and the ability to multitask.
- Good listening & communication skills
- Non-judgemental attitude
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Reliable with a flexible approach
- Commitment to all Age UK Hammersmith & Fulham Policies & Procedures
- Experience of working in a reception environment and greeting visitors.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge and understanding of older people and the issues affecting them.
- All volunteers need to adhere with Age UK Hammersmith & Fulham Policies & Procedures as part of our Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults.
- Training of Charity Log will be provided.
Mandatory Training & Development:
Induction and training
Induction and volunteer get-togethers.
A full time Volunteer Coordinator available when information or support is required.
To apply please complete an application form
Please return your form by email to: email@example.com or to Volunteer Coordinator, Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham, 105 Greyhound Road, Hammersmith, W6 8NJ