Proposed Start Date: ASAP
Minimum number of hours per week: 3-3.5
Time and Day Required (if applicable): Monday Breakfasts 9.30 – 12.30pm or lunches Tuesday - Friday
Minimum length of commitment: 3 months
Report to: Services Coordinator
Role Overview: To help cook, in conjunction with another volunteer, a breakfast or lunch for anything from 4-20 people. To ensure all Health & Safety Standards are met including all food hygiene.
Key Task Descriptions:
- Set up the tables.
- Prepare and cook freshly prepared meals
- Make teas & coffees
- Small budget management
- Menu planning
- Recording of monies taken for meals
- Ensuring all Health & Safety Standards are met whilst volunteering in the kitchen.
- Ensuring good food hygiene in all aspects of the role.
- Reliable with a flexible approach
- Aware of Health & Safety issues in a kitchen setting
- Organisation skills
- Ability to cook meals
- Ability to delegate kitchen tasks if required
- Committed to Equal Opportunities
- Some experience cooking for medium - large groups
- Certificate in Food Hygiene is desirable but not obligatory as training will be provided.
- Food Hygiene
To apply please complete an application form
Please return your form to: Volunteer Co-ordinator, Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham, 105 Greyhound Road, Hammersmith, W6 8NJ or by E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org