Volunteers support older people to learn basic IT skills - either one to one or in a group setting - helping to reduce isolation and allow them to access information we often take for granted. The sessions are also social opportunities for older people to meet, chat and stay active
What does the role involve?
Providing support with laptops, desktop PCs, tablets, smart phones or cameras; supporting people to learn the basics of computing, plus basic tasks such as email, social networking, Skype, online shopping, catch up TV etc
What you will get out of it
- It's a great way to make a difference to a local charity that supports older people
- You get to be part of Age UK Barnet's volunteer team
- It's a great way to make a real difference to someone's life
- You'll be giving something to your community
- Volunteers tell us they find it really rewarding
What is expected of me?
We are looking for people to offer between 1-3 hours a week of their time
Role profile and application form
Please contact Lisa Robbins, Volunteering Manager on 020 8432 1422 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the role before sending your application.