Local Distribution and Engagement Volunteer
Purpose of the role:
We want to make sure that every older person in Barnet knows about the services that we offer and we need your help in spreading the word!
Our aim is to establish long-term links with businesses, shops, and groups in your area who would be willing to advertise the services of Age UK Barnet on a regular basis, either on their notice boards, in windows or via reception desks etc.
What a Local Distribution and Engagement volunteer will do:
- Regularly distribute information and flyers to local shops and businesses in your area.
- Build links with outreach groups e.g. libraries, local cafés, community centres, lunch clubs, exercise classes,
- Establish and maintain on-going connections with the above.
Personal qualities most suited to this role:
- Enjoy meeting new people and sharing information; and
- Ability to carry and distribute printed materials such as leaflets, posters etc.
Borough of Barnet
How much time is involved?
What you can expect from us:
Age UK Barnet will cover agreed out of pocket expenses for volunteers (e.g. travel costs). We will also insure you for personal and public liability for the time you are volunteering with us providing what you do is risk assessed and agreed. We are happy to provide references for our volunteers.
We accept volunteers from all backgrounds and welcome applications from those with disabilities or health conditions.
Click here for application form