Cooking volunteers run or assist with weekly cookery classes to promote healthy eating within the community.
What does the role involve?
• Chef role - Set up and run cookery courses on a specific theme or with specific audience in mind e.g. Beginners for Men, Indian cooking, healthy eating
• Assistant role - Provide practical support at classes, food preparation, tidying and washing up, meeting and greeting, laying out chairs etc
• Nutrition talk role - give short talks on nutrition as a one off or as part of a healthy eating cookery session. You should have a nutrition qualification.
What you will get out of it
- A chance to practice and develop your culinary skills and learn new recipes
- It's a great way to make a real difference to someone's life by helping them learn skills to be independent in the kitchen
- You'll be giving something to your community whilst eating delicious food!
What is expected of me?
Cooking classes happen at different venues around Barnet. We are looking for volunteers ( chefs or assistants) for a Thursday evening class at our centre in East Finchley and you will need to be available 4.45 - 7.45pm
Food hygiene certification will be necessary for chefs/event organisers, which we can arrange and pay for
Role Profile and Application form
email@example.com to discuss the role before sending your application.