Author: Age Cymru
Published on 31 October 2016 10:30 AM
We've launched our annual Wales-wide search for the people, organisations and businesses in our communities who make life better for older people.
We'll be honouring them with our ‘Age Cymru Awards 2016’ for their contribution to creating an age friendly Wales.
The winners will receive their prizes from the national broadcaster Jason Mohammad at our glitzy gala dinner and awards ceremony in Cardiff in March.
Anyone can nominate an individual or organisation who they think deserves an award and this year's categories are:
• Inspirational Individual - This award recognises an individual who has contributed significantly to creating an age friendly Wales.
• Care Home Award - This award recognises a care home that has gone the extra mile in helping to ensure their residents enjoy a fully enriched life.
• Business Award (SME) - This award recognises a business with fewer than 250 employees that has made a significant contribution to creating an age friendly Wales.
• Business Award (Large) - This award recognises a large business with more than 250 employees that has made a significant contribution to creating an age friendly Wales.
• Group/Organisation Award - This award recognises a service that has made a positive impact on the lives of older people in Wales.
Nominations close on Friday 9 December 2016.
For more information:
Call Age Cymru's fundraising team on
029 2043 1555