Paying for a care home
Paying for residential care in a care home is expensive. There is some help available to meet the cost, but the care system can - unfortunately - be complicated and difficult to find your way through.
Some older people may be eligible for financial help from your local authority or, in certain circumstances, from the NHS.
Age Cymru has a wide range of factsheets on paying for care homes in Wales. These can be downloaded below:
- Factsheet 10w: Paying for a permanent care home placement in Wales (PDF, 867 KB)
- Factsheet 38w: Treatment of property in the means test for permanent care home provision in Wales (PDF, 712 KB)
- Factsheet 60w: Choice of care home if the local authority is contributing towards your care fees (PDF, 726 KB)
- Factsheet 39w: Paying for a care home in Wales if you have a partner (PDF, 1 MB)
- Factsheet 40w: Deprivation of assets in the means test for care home provision in Wales (PDF, 643 KB)
- Factsheet 58w: Paying for temporary care in a care home in Wales (PDF, 1021 KB)
- Factsheet 29w: Finding care home accommodation in Wales (PDF, 1 MB)
NHS continuing care
Find out if you qualify for NHS funding towards care
For more information call Age Cymru Advice on 08000 223 444