Age Cymru Advice
Age Cymru Advice is committed to being the foremost information and advice service on matters affecting older people in Wales. We provide confidential, impartial and expert information and advice to older people, their families, friends, carers and professionals.
Our vision is that every older person in Wales has choice and control over your own lives with easy access to the information and advice you need to help make that a reality.
Our approach and principles are:
- to offer free, impartial and confidential information and advice that's accessible to all
- to offer a person-centred and holistic service, where necessary working in partnership with other providers to meet the wants and needs of individuals
- to be non-judgemental, congruent and understanding of the needs of individuals, demonstrating unconditional positive regard and empathy at all times
- to provide expert, consistent and quality assured support; ensuring our resources are accurate, up-to-date and fit-for-purpose
- to promote your rights and entitlements, empowering you to make informed decisions about matters affecting your life
- to put older people at the heart of everything we do.
If you want to talk to someone directly, in Welsh or English, call us on 0300 303 44 98 charged at local rate (open between 9:00am and 4:00pm, Monday - Friday). Email us at email@example.com
Demand for our advice line is incredibly high at the moment at this worrying time for many. We have increased capacity on our line but it make take longer than usual to get through. Please bear with us, we will get to you as quickly as we can.
People with hearing loss can choose to contact the service via the Next Generation Text service or Text Relay service. Additionally people with a limited understanding of the English (or Welsh) language can request to have their call dealt with in a language of their choice. Age Cymru Advice works in partnership with Languageline Solutions to provide access to interpreters covering more than 240 languages.
The Age Cymru Advice line also acts as a gateway to our local services. Face to face support via local brand partner offices and home visits may be available to callers requiring additional or more specialised support.
Alternatively, you may be able to find the answers to your questions in our factsheets or information guides. Our guides provide an overview of a particular topic, whilst our factsheets provide more detailed, in-depth information.