EnvisAGE is a discussion journal edited by Age Cymru, which explores issues affecting older people. In this, our fifteenth edition, we shine a spotlight on employment and older people.
Dr Martin Hyde of Swansea University presents an overview of employment trends and challenges for our ageing workforce.
Jill Salter of Business in the CommunityCymru (BITC) and D’Yon Dowell at Legal & General provide an insight into the Age at Work programme, where Age Cymru and BITC are working with employers in Wales to ensure they’re creating workplaces where older workers can thrive.
Shavanah Taj at Wales TUC focuses on older workers and the menopause at work, and Claire Morgan of Carers Wales explores the relationship between employment and caring, and the importance of providing support for older carers who work.
Kayleigh Jones draws attention to the barriers that older people can face to employment and provides an insight into the work of PRIME Cymru, and in our final article, David Hagendyk of the Learning and Work Institute (Wales) provides an insight into lifelong learning and all age apprenticeships.
- EnvisAGE - A spotlight on employment and older people (PDF, 1 MB)
- EnvisAGE - Spotlight on the financial inclusion of older people (PDF, 964 KB)
- EnvisAGE - Keeping voice, choice and control when growing older (PDF, 830 KB)
- EnvisAGE - A spotlight on tackling loneliness and social isolation among older people (PDF, 1 MB)
- EnvisAGE - Towards an age friendly Wales (PDF, 1 MB)