Skip to content
Please donate

Falls prevention

If you have a fall, or start to feel unsteady, you should discuss this with your GP, even if you have not suffered any injury as a result and feel fine otherwise. Your GP may want to check your medication or commission tests to see if there is any medical reason to explain it. With your permission, your GP can also refer you to the local falls prevention service for a falls risk assessment. This could include checking your eyesight, investigating any continence problems, checking your home for potential hazards and/or attending an exercise class to improve your strength and balance. 

The health promotion section of our website has a more in-depth section on falls prevention.

Also, our following information resources may be helpful:

Information Guide 14: Staying Steady

Information Guide 24: Healthy Living

Information Leaflet 7: Home safety checker

For more information call Age Cymru Advice on 0300 303 44 98


Last updated: May 04 2023

Become part of our story

Sign up today

Back to top